Monday 17 September 2012

Panic

I am very nearly shaking with fear. It's in two months.

I've been back and forth with worry today. I choreographed the rest of Miss Brown's, so now I only have two more sets to choreograph, and I felt almost relaxed. That's like, a month to make up two more (short!) dances, and a month to practise. I thought it was doable. I thought I should have been taking a big deep breath and chilling out.

But then I did the worst possible thing I could do and read over a former candidate's diary, just to see how she was getting on two months before. Well she'd finished all her sets and steps but was still struggling with the writtens, so I felt neutral. Then I read her account of the exam and not passing, and I started to get hot and shaky. She retook the whole thing and wrote about that too, which of course I read because I'm a sucker for punishment, and again - panic.

I really don't mind retaking dancing and teaching if I need to. I don't imagine I'm going to pass outright first time. It's just that dreaded 50% - this girl taught all the time and got under 50% on the teaching, what hope do I have? The only hope I have is that I can talk, so hopefully I can blunder through if I can explain my way.

I can't afford to take it all again, it's so very expensive and it's taken me over two years to save up just for the exam - I haven't even thought about how I'm going to pay for travel and accommodation (and new legs) yet.

Oh my god. I can't take two whole months of this panic. I've genuinely considered downgrading to the TMRF. What if I injure myself before then? Like, the day before or something?! So much to worry about.

At least I haven't started dreaming about it yet...

2 comments:

  1. I'm taking the exam in just under two weeks, so I feel your pain. A friend of mine who took it several times told me (when I freaked out upon hearing someone I thought was 100% ready didn't pass) that each person is different. All you can do is your very best on the days of the exam. Maybe this girl panicked and forgot stuff or just had a bad day. It doesn't mean it'll be your exam experience. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess so...we can only wait and see. Two months from now it'll all be over and I'll be on my way home. You might know your results by then! I just wish it didn't hurt so much to practise - or that every time it started hurting, I didn't panic about tearing or pulling or breaking something before November. I hope your prep is going well - best of luck.

    ReplyDelete